'02 eddie bauer- vinyl trim on side of ft seats cracked

Vehicle is just 24 months/25,000 miles old. It's equipped with the tan leather seats (std). Last week I noticed on both front seats the outboard side vinyl trim is cracked about 2-3 inches long about 3-4 inches above the heated seat switch. Any body else with an '02 or 03 EB notice this problem? wth

Reply to
wth

I know that it's doing it on my 1997 as well. I put (after the fact) black "edge trim" around both hard plastic sides. They are quite sharp in my opinion and contribute to this problem. If you have a sun roof, then similar trim is around that opening, but I don't know where you'd find it. We buy it by the box for an application in our metal fab shop.

Reply to
budman

My vinyl is cracked up above the side trim. Its just a natural place where the vinyl folds. wth

Reply to
wth

It's amazing how fast leather seats go downhill. Especially the vinyl sides. I've got 201K on my '91 with premium cloth and they still look great no tears or rips. I've driven many vehicles with leather and I personally wouldn't have it. Father-In-Laws Thunderbird had a spot worn through the outer finish of the leather in 12K miles. Craig

Reply to
Grateful

My vinyl cracked on my console (yes, it's vinyl even though I have leather interior...go figure). I have a 2000 Eddie Bauer Explorer with leather interior. I was able to replace the console with a kit I got from

. Worked out great!

It's amazing how fast leather seats go downhill. Especially the vinyl sides. I've got 201K on my '91 with premium cloth and they still look great no tears or rips. I've driven many vehicles with leather and I personally wouldn't have it. Father-In-Laws Thunderbird had a spot worn through the outer finish of the leather in 12K miles. Craig

Reply to
Randy