'02 XLT CD changer - disc stuck

My '02 XLT came with the OEM dash-mount 6-disc CD changer. A year or so after we got the vehicle, we got a postcard from Ford saying "If you want to play homemade CDs, that's fine, but don't put paper labels on them. The edge of the label sometimes lifts, and jams the disc in the changer." I took note of this, but forget to tell my son, and sure enough, he got a paper-labelled CD stuck in there earlier this week.

What is the approved method for extracting this thing without hurting the changer? (I'm perfectly willing to scrifice the CD!)

Bill

Reply to
Bill Jeffrey