'03 XLT fuel pump

The fuel pump failed on my '03 XLT (15k miles) today. Has anybody else had one fail this early? The Ford dealer found the fuse blown on the pump circuit, replaced it but said the pump didn't sound right. They claimed that it must have started dragging, overheated and blew the fuse. Just my luck....a hurricane bearing down on us and no car until they can find a replacement pump.

Reply to
Dave

Fred 2

I didn't, or at least "this" time. The tank was only down by a 1/4 when I filled it up and made my trip home and the thing failed. It never dropped below 1/4.

dave

Reply to
Dave