04 Exp. air flow direction

I unhooked the connector for the air flow direction on my 04 Explorer which looks like it is not electronicly but air regulated? now after hooking it back up the direction of the air flow doesn't change when I turn it. what can I do to correct this? thanks

Reply to
KarstenH

We are left to assume you are referring to the climate control mode selector control....... we are also left to assume that this is the manual climate control. On these systems, the airflow through the heater plenum is controlled by vacuum.... and, as such, the motor needs to be running to get this stuff to work. In the abscence of vacuum, the system defaults to defrost mode.

Word of advice.... this should be covered under the factory warranty..... anything that you do in your attempts to repair this (or any other) system MAY void your warranty. Whether a dealer tech gets paid for his efforts or not depends entirely on our adherence to Fords Symptom to System to Component to Cause warranty diagnostics. Warranty repairs don't pay real good..... if I am into something that has been hacked, I back up in a hurry - I haven't had a charge-back yet and I don't plan on having one in the near future....

Reply to
Jim Warman

you are right with your assumptions. I disconnected the manual air flow connector of the climate control. I will try and drive it for a while to see if the vacuum will build up again.

Reply to
KarstenH

it worked. started the engine and I was able to change the air flow right away. thanks for your help!

Reply to
KarstenH