1991 exp: Manifold Absolute/Baro pressure sensor

I get an error code 22 which translates to "Manifold Absolute/Baro pressure sensor out of range" can't seem to find anything about it in my Haynes manual. I guessed it to be the sensor mounted on the upper intake manifold to the right of the IAC valve, left of the vacuum connectors. With the engine up to temperature and running, I disconnected it, the Engine check light came on, but no changes in engine idle, reconnecting it caused the Engine Check light to switch off, but made no difference to the way the engine idled. Can someone shed some light as to what this sensor does and what is the domino effect of its demise? TIA Luigi

Reply to
Luigi Marazzi