1992 ford explorer air problems

my 92 ford explorer all of a sudden quit blowing air... cold and hot. i dont know too much about mechanics. what are the possible solutions to this problem?

Reply to
jlongjaguar

Can you hear the blower motor running? It doesn't run period or it only runs at certain speeds? If not, possibilities include fuse(s), relay, blower motor, switch and wiring. While not the simplest of electrical circuits, it is by no means overly complex.

Avail yourself of a Haynes or Chiltons manual... they generally have step by step troubleshooting procedures for this type of problem.

dont know too much about mechanics. what are the possible solutions to this problem?

Reply to
Jim Warman

my 92 XLT had a short in the blower's wiring connector... filled the truck with smoke... only at low speed, tho... higher settings, no problem... a day later, it no longer does it - all speeds work OK now... sigh

the blower in my 88 Bronco II died one speed at a time, until only full blast works. At least it didn't smoke while doing it...

Reply to
Robert A. Matern