1992 Ford Explorer - Possessed RPM Gauge

The RPM gauge on my 1992 Ford Explorer has suddenly started acting up. It just start flipping back and forth between 1.5K and 3.5K when I am at a stop sign. There is no noticeable change in idle speed. The engine does not seem to be reving up.... It will also "flip out" when i am driving down the road.

Anyone have a suggesstion????

Reply to
Tgman

I had this problem when I had my ignition wires arcing out, at night, you might look at your wires and see if they are jumping across it will look like lightning under your hood. I hope this helps. Gary

Reply to
Gary

I had this problem. The dealer replaced the tachometer and all was fine afterwards.

Reply to
Raymond F Tamos

I'll check that out.

Thanks for the tip

Tom

Reply to
Tgman

Might have to resort to that. Thanks for the info.

Tom

Reply to
Tgman