1993 Ford Explorer Sport 2WD

I have a 1993 Ford Explorer Sport 2WD. The tranny sems to be slipping, and has problems going into reverse. Iam considering buying a used / rebuilt tranny. What year Explorer tranny's are compatable? Or shall I say withoput ECU etc.. changes

snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com

Reply to
jones.darrell

The Explorer trannies from these early years (like my '94) are complete pieces of crap. I've heard very few cases of people happy with them. If you go and get another one installed, make sure that's it's been rebuilt and all recommended upgrades have been done to it. That's what I had to do with mine. It cost $2000 to rebuild it with all the new upgraded parts, but it works great. Getting a used one will eventually end up giving you the same problem.

Reply to
James Spencer

Yea.

Reply to
Ulysses

What sort of "recommended upgrades" are you speaking of

Reply to
Munka