1994 Explorer Stall

Hi All,

I've got a '94 Explorer and as I was driving on the hottest day of the year so far (31C) on Wednesday, my truck lost all power and was barely idling. I pulled off the road and put the vehicle in park. It was sputtering and wouldn't respond to the gas pedal at all. I finally shut it off and let it sit for a few minutes. It fired right up and idled for 20 seconds and then the same thing happened. I got a ride home and left it overnight. I went back the next morning resigned to paying the tow bill to get the truck home but wanted to drive it as far as it would go. Wouldn't you know that it started right up and I drove it all 40kms home. I checked the fuel pressure at the rail back home and it was reading a solid 30 psi, which is what it's supposed to be. Any idea what else could have caused this? I'm along the line of the ignition modules getting too hot. Thanks!

Reply to
Jimmy the Hand

There is the *remote* possibility that it was just your last tank of "winter" gas and it was vapor locking. Next time you fill up with "summer" gas the problem will be gone. Just as it was gone the next day when things were cooled down.

Reply to
Ashton Crusher