1994 transmission valve body

i had my tranny recently rebuilt and the valves keep sticking. this is the third time they have rebuilt the valve body. they said that if the valves stick again that theya re going to replace the valve body.

anyone had the same problem or any advice?

Reply to
Happy Father

Were the lines and cooler flushed and backflushed and was the torque converter replaced?

Reply to
Jim Warman

Reply to
Happy Father

Valve bodies are very precisely machined.... for you to experience repeat failures involving sticky valves in the VB, I would suspect foreign material intrusion to be the most likely cause. Most likely culprits for foreign material include improper or neglecting to flush the cooler and lines or someone getting cheap and not using a quality rebuilt converter (some shops try to get away with flushing torque converters - IMHO, this is inadequate). I would have your shop install a secondary filter in the return cooler line as inurance.

On very rare occasions, we may see a warped VB or transmission case.

Reply to
Jim Warman

the first time it happend, they completely flushed the system and rebuilt the valve body. i know they replaced the tork converter also.

i know they had to replce the bell housing since he said and i quote" its very rare to see but your transmission was eating itsself away from the inside out". not sure what this means but i know he repalce the bell housing if that makes any difference.

Reply to
Happy Father