1995 explorer real rough idle.

i have a problem with my 95 eddie explorer.when i come to a stop light my truck acts like it wants to die but when i turn the fan on full blast it seems idle a little smoother.can someone help me with this problem.

thank you harvickcrew

Reply to
harvickcrew

This is really a stretch, but based on you turning on your fan, this will cause it to increase idle to compensate for rpm drop from the additional load added if the AC compressor (if in AC or defrost modes) turns on? This might stablize the idling.

Anyway, how are your plugs? Wires? Mine used to stumble at lights/stop signs even with only 18k on a new plugs (truck 96k) I must have leaned out one of the cly once coz the tip was almost gone on one. New plugs/wires fixed all. (121k now)

Ted

Reply to
Ted
2001 Sport Trac compressor turns off and on when idling. When rpm's are high the compressor stay on fine. At the nest stop it start turning on and off agian. I check the charge level it is fine. Any thoughts?

-- kduff

View this thread:

Send from

kduff

check your oxygen sensor. Ford has a terrible tendancy to place them at the bottom, where they are more vulnerable to water. If it doesn't dry out in a couple days and stop, take it in and have diagnostics run on it.

Reply to
Fester via CarKB.com

it's normal for an a/c comp. to cycle depends on the temp,fan speed,and what ever take it to a shop if your freon is low if it's not broke than don't fixx it

Reply to
ob1