1997 4.0 OHV Explorer Error Cylinder 1 & 4 Misfiring

Thanks in advance for any help... Just bought a 1997 Explorer and it is acting up since... rough idle and poor power. Had a friend test it and showed a misfire error on 1 and 4 cylinder. The plugs all white (lean) no sign of poor combustion? I checked everything I could imagine... Any guidance would be greatly appreciated! Thanks! Mike

Reply to
mikemojoe

Intake manifold sealing failures are well documented with the 4.0.... since both of these cylinders are located at the very front of the motor, I would spend some time checking out the possibility of an intake leak - especially at the front of the manifold.

HTH.

Reply to
Jim Warman

I can't remember which cylinders share a coil, but if cylinders 1 and 4 share a coil , it could be the coil pack thats no good.

Reply to
SizzleMP

I just pulled the intake manifold off last night... will get new gasket set and try it again... THANK YOU!!!

Reply to
mikemojoe

I just pulled the intake manifold off last night.. will get gasket kit and get back to ya THANKS FOR YOUR TIME!

Reply to
mikemojoe

Thanks... Pulled the manifold will try that next!

Reply to
mikemojoe

Reply to
Captian Coleman