1997 explorer 4 door drivers door

My 1997 Explorer was hit and run on the drivers door, it is a 4 door can anyone tell me what year doors will fit? For the record it is power window and lock, no keyless entry.

By the way the incident was witnessed and the Hit and Run a'hole was arrested for hit and run and DUII within an hour but he has no insurance and is likely a deadbeat.

Reply to
Richard

Here in California we have "Uninsured Motorist" that is supposed to cover stuff like that. I take it you don't live in CA.

I'm pretty sure the models for 95, 96, and 97 use the same doors. I would not be too surprised if the early one's (91-94) also fit as they look an awful lot alike except for the hood, grill, and taillights. You could probably verify this by looking it up on eBay or JCWhitney.com.

Reply to
Ulysses

Try calling a junk/salvage yard. In my past experience they had cross references for a lot of parts.

Charlie

Reply to
Charlie Bress

I believe 95-01 are all the same. The only slight difference is that the tailgates on the 95-97 are different from the 98-01, but the doors are the same.

Reply to
Mikepier

Thanks guys I bought a door off a 95 EB for $40 the wrecking yards wanted $300 to $400 ouch!

Reply to
Richard