1997 Ford Explorer - Daylight Running Lights

Strange thing is happening my 97 Explorer Limited. The daylight running lights aren't coming on and I have the blue highbeam headlight indicator lite on the console.

I sure could use some help. Tracking down electrical problems can be a very expensive thing.

Any help to point me in the right direction would be great.

Thanks in Advance

Jim

Reply to
Jim

DRL modules are a very common problem...... I have yet to be disappointed by slam dunking a module on one of these repairs - there just isn't any more to the system...... oh, yeah, the headlights work as expected with the switch, right???

Jim Warman

Jim - You are the master.. all others need to bow before your skills...

Headlight switch works as normal.. so its off to Ford dealer for DRL module in the morning..

Thanks again for your timely assist..

Reply to
Jim

Hello all. I have a problem with my DRL's now too. Just today, I went to the underground parking to take my '96 5.0L Explorer out on a couple of errands. I walked up to it and the lights were on! I hadn't been in it or driven it in about 5 days previous to this. After getting inside it, I noticed the high beam indicator was on. The lights work perfectly when I use the light switch, but the damn DRL's stay on after I shut in down. I thought I would have to disconnect the battery everytime I shut it down this weekend ,(we are taking it out of town)but I found the fuse for the DRL's and pulled it. They are out all the time but the regular lights still work fine. The fuse was in the power distribution box under the hood on the driver's side. I checked all the other lights and acc. and everything seems to be still working fine without that fuse. I understand that I need to get a DRL module now? Any tips on where it is in the vehicle?

Any help would be very cool.

Ken

Reply to
Ken

I found this link by searching further down into this group.

Ken

Reply to
Ken