1997 Mountaineer Headlights

Does anyone know if that model came with Sylvania Silverstar bulbs stock? I am trying to change mine out and put Silverstars in there and it looks like they have the same model number on the bulb in there.

Reply to
MD

No... they came with whatever halogen bulbs that met Fords minimum specs and were cheap and were delivered when promised. I don't believe these bulbs were available in '97 period...

Reply to
Jim Warman

No, Jim is right, Silverstars have just begun to hit the market in force. They have been out a little while now, but ony recently have they begun an ad campaign. The most likley reason for the number being the same as stock is that they are all interchangable. IE... 9006 or 1187, many manufacture's make the same type and number bulb just different names is all. I plan on changing my halogen's in my 97 to the Silverstars. I have heard good things about them that I must give them a try. I did try Hella vision bulbs at 80 bucks but they only lasted 6 months. One right after the other they blew. Guess you can say I was a bit put out over that 80 bucks. The Hellas were super bright but not as reflective as some of those blues junks that you see on alot of kids cars nowadays. The ones that looks blue ! I want distance with optimun side visability without blinding others.

Searcher1

Reply to
Searcher

If you go over to the Honda Pilot forum

they've had discussions about the Silverstars. At least with the bulbs that work on the Pilot, they last about year, maybe less. Apparently that's the way they were designed - someone posted a letter they got from Sylvania saying that they are designed to last about a year under normal use. Here's the thread about the Silverstars:

Some of the Pilot folks have switched to Eurodezign bulbs.

Reply to
Mike Iglesias

Reply to
Fred 2

Yeah I got them on my 96 exp too. They made a huge difference over stock!!! I hope they last longer than a year as the other guy was saying they are only designed to last a year.

Reply to
MD

Reply to
Fred 2