1999 Explorer Wont Start

My 99 Explorer wont start, it was working fine yesterday, but i go to start it this morning, everything powered up, but when i turned key, everything just went dead! I have a new battery i just bought a year ago. Anybody have any ideas?

Reply to
improvise

First check the battery connections at both ends of the cables - including under the insulation (often corrosion there goes unseen). If all is good, jump-start and check if the alternator is charging. It is charging if the battery voltage rises about 1V (to 13.5V or so) at about

2000 rpm with engine running, headlights on, a/c etc on. If your '99 has a voltmeter on the dash, you can use it as a rough guide, but a real voltmeter across the battery terminals is much better.
Reply to
Happy Traveler

Thanks for the help, it jump started fine, but when i turn it off, it will not start anymore, i suppose, i'll just get it towed to a shop!

Reply to
improvise

Sorry I did not think of the simple solution of towing it to a shop. I should try offering that advice next time.

Merry Christmas!

Reply to
Happy Traveler

OR jump start it and drive it to a shop!

Reply to
Dave