1999 ford Explorer, does not start?

302 auto, new f/f and tune up. ran great. went to work, parked the truck, came out to go home and it turns over great but will not start?
Reply to
Ken.Brown63

On my '97 (4.0 V6 OHV) it was a weak battery. It turned over but would not start.

Reply to
Ulysses

By "new f/f" do you mean new fuel filter? I'd suspect something related to that. Air in the fuel line?

Reply to
Bob

a couple of things come to mind:

No Fuel: Check or hear if your fuel pump is coming on when turning the key before starting it. If you don't hear it, check the fuel pump cut- off switch( I think its on the front passengers kick panel, not sure). Could also be a bad relay. Swap it out with the A/C relay. Also check to see if the fuel filter was put in the wrong way.

No ignition: You mentioned you got a tune-up. Check for loose ignition wires or coil wires.

Bad IAC valve:. Step on the gas while trying to start the engine to prevent stalling.

Bad crank sensor: Although rare, they do sometimes go bad and it will prevent your truck from starting.

Reply to
Mikepier

With the PATS system, does the "theft" ligh

flash when the ignition is turned on? Just a thought

Reply to
CDW6212R