1999 XLS RKE module

I have a 1999 Explorer XLS with power door locks and PATS system, but no keyless entry. In previous NG posts, I read where the RKE module should be in the jack compartment on the rear driver's side. Or I can do a test with the ignition to see if it is installed. Well, after checking and doing the test, I determined it was not there. My question is this, if I were to purchase a RKE module and plug it into the harness, is there anything I need to do or will my system recognize it and than I can program my remotes and it will work. I thought if it would recognize it that I could go and purchase the aftermarket keyless entry pad from Ford to put on the door. Thanks for any input.

Reply to
Lance