1999explorer

The display light for the anti lock brakes came on, any ideas what to check before i turn my wallet over to the guys at the ford dealership? I recently put on new front pads.

Reply to
Martin Nyhus

This is only a test reply....... (couldn't you post your question AS A TEST???). No codes = no help available. There are umpteen dozen things that can set the ABS light. Without a direction to go, a guess will still be a guess.

Reply to
Jim Warman

Check the connecting wire behind the wheel, this may have broken from the sensor.

Searcher1

Reply to
Searcher

Why the dealer? Aren't there any decent indie shops around? The dealer has no lock on decent techs, and has the distinct disadvatage of having to pay for the rest of the dealership with the income the shop makes (meaning higher costs).

Bill Funk Change "g" to "a"

Reply to
Big Bill

I had the same problem with my 99explorer, after I had serviced my brakes and changed the fluid. After a round of basic troubleshooting with a good friend who happed to be a mech at a Ford Shop, and found that.........

The ABS sensoir for the rear is located on the top center of the rear axle it is easy to replace and get to. Only disadvantage is that it did cost around 35 dollars.

But just for though the front ABS is a system that operates on electro-magnatisim. small spaces on the front disc work like a magnatron on a lawn mower but in reverse.

Hope this helps

Richard

Reply to
nxzn