199x Ford Explorer of maybe 200x Sunroof drains???

I am sure there must be a drain for the sunroof but can someone tell me where it is located, and where it runs?

Any history of leaks from the Explorer sunroofs or drains?

Thanks in advance JRE

Reply to
Mastermech

My Expedition had a nasty leak when I bought it new. At the factory they forgot to connect one of the drain tubes. If it's the same as an Exped. you can see them if you open the roof and look in the corners. The tubes run across the roof and down the A-pillars. Maybe one of yours is disco's or plugged up.

Ken

Reply to
knagy389us

My '92 has a sun roof, but it doesn't leak. I have looked around, as much as possible, to see if this was a factory option or an after market item. I really would like to see if there was a panel that replaced the glass, or at least cover it. I'm just not a sun roof kinda guy. I find it distracting, to say the very least, ad a hazard when the sun glares behind my glasses from this sun roof. Any ideas, guys?

Reply to
John Riggs

My '92 had a factory sun roof and came with a removable panel that locked up against the glass. That removable panel was a pain in the neck because there was no place to put it when removed. I could see how that could easily get lost in 13 years.

If you have a round knob to turn to > My '92 has a sun roof, but it doesn't leak. I have looked around, as

Reply to
Big Shoe