2000 EB - squeaky front wheel seals

I've had front wheel bearing seals replaced once under warranty at 36K. The problem started again at 49K and the Ford dealer said replacement would cost approx $400. So I live with the squeak. Has anyone else had this problem and has anyone found a solution to this problem. The squeak comes and goes depending, I guess, on the weather.

Reply to
Bill

I had the problem with my '99. The Ford dealer replaced the seals under warranty and the problem has never recurred.

Reply to
Big Shoe

Same here, my 99 had the squeak, was repaired in 2000, never had problems since. I thought they used a different seal back then so it would never re-occur. The noise is more pronounced in cold weather.

Reply to
Mikepier