2000 explorer idle

Hi 2000 Explorer 4.0. At startup engine acts like computer lost program then idles high then normal. some times like whenever its not at the shop it idles at about 200 rpm or so then stalls eventually returns to normal.No check engine light ever. Thanks Greg

Reply to
Greg

Almost sounds like the classic cold start intake problem........ I had thought that this had been corrected in production but possibly not. Does the problem only occur when the motor is cold or can it happen also on a hot restart?

Jim Warman

When its cold

Reply to
gcoons1

I'd have it scanned for any pertinent CMDTCs to start with. Two common possibilities are the IAC and the lower intak manifold seals....

Jim Warman