2000 Explorer with vibration

I have a 2000 Explorer XLT with 57,000 miles. There is a strong vibration that increases and decreases with speed and resembles a thumping sound under the floorboard.

Tires and brakes are okay.

Any suggestions appreciated.

JW

Reply to
JW

I'm no expert, but I'd see if your U joints need replacement. You can do this by twisting your driveshaft and see if there is any play in it.

Paul

Reply to
Paul Scrutton

Check your universal joint. I just replaced mine last night for a similar, but very slight, vibration.

Reply to
John Riggs