2000 V6 SOHC Check Engine Light

I have a 2000 explorer that idles rough when cold, but is fine when the engine warms up. CEL came on, codes indicate "missing on 1 or more cylinders" and "fuel mixture too lean".

Can any repair shop do the tune-up and clear the light or does it have to be a dealer?

JW

Reply to
itsahowl

Sounds more like intake gaskets ( a very common concern ) than a tune up is required. Any shop SHOULD be able to do it..... now, whether you'd want some shops doing it is up for conjecture.....

Reply to
Jim Warman

Take it to Ford. I have a letter from Ford that extends my warranty to

100,000 miles or 8 years for o r> I have a 2000 explorer that idles rough when cold, but is fine when the
Reply to
Ron