2001 Explorer Sport Fuel Filter

We have a 2001 Explorer Sport 2WD, 4.0L SOHC. I got a new fuel filter from the parts store, but when I went under the truck to change it, the existing filter does not match the one I got from the store. The existing filter has two inputs and one output; the new filter has only one input and output. I went to a few online parts stores and verified that they gave me the right filter; but I also noted that my existing filter looks like the one for the Sport Trac from the same model year. Everything I have, including the VIN, indicates that this is an Explorer Sport.

Why would I have the different fuel filter?

Thanks, Rich

Reply to
Rich

Yours is a flex fuel ??????????

The new filter is for a regular - non flex fuel

Reply to
Ollie