2001 Explorer Sport Keyless Entry Code Location

I cannot find this default code anywhere. I have looked under the dash, looked in the driver side rear jack storage compartment and under the hood. I checked all over the internet and everyone says it is in the jack compartment on a silver or black computer box. Not in my jack compartment!!!

Only things in there are the jack and the fuel filler hump for the fuel tank neck.

Can anybody tell me where this 5 digit code is at? I bought the vehicle used and it didn't come with an owners manual ( I found that on-line) or the default code. Dealers want $30 - $75 here to tell you what it is.

Let me know

Thanks

Russ

Reply to
Russ and Cindy Irwin

I cannot find this default code anywhere. I have looked under the dash, looked in the driver side rear jack storage compartment and under the hood. I checked all over the internet and everyone says it is in the jack compartment on a silver or black computer box. Not in my jack compartment!!!

Only things in there are the jack and the fuel filler hump for the fuel tank neck.

Can anybody tell me where this 5 digit code is at? I bought the vehicle used and it didn't come with an owners manual ( I found that on-line) or the default code. Dealers want $30 - $75 here to tell you what it is.

Let me know

Thanks

Russ

Reply to
Russ and Cindy Irwin

I have a 2000. Mine came on the 2"x5" white piece of plastic that was in the folder with the owners manual.

A little advice on a related topic. If you only have two keys, buy a third. It takes two keys to program a third key. If all you have is one key you get to pay the dealer $80 to program a second key.

Reply to
rvfulltime

Fortunately the dealership had two set of keys and door openers but still no code.

Thanks

Reply to
Russ and Cindy Irwin

If you take the cover off the jack compartment and shine forward with a flashlight ,right above the wheel hump, there is a module with a 5 digit code on it....

Reply to
Ollie

If you purchased this used car from the dealership, the least they could do is "step up to the plate" and scan the network to retrieve the keypad code for you - for free.... You can "customize" the keypad code to something you can remember easily, but the fctory keypad sequence will always be there.

Reply to
Jim Warman

The dealer is a sales store only - they don't have a service area - they clean them, do a 100 point inspection, and guarantee they will pass Missouri emissions and inspection. They pay for that for you. Most of the vehicles are trade ins or are bought at the local auto auction.

Russ

Reply to
Russ and Cindy Irwin

Not there I did all this - there is nothing in this area...I have searched high and low. I bought used from a independent dealership - no way for them to check it. One website said look on the right rear door post but this is a 2 door vehicle.

Thanks

Russ

Reply to
Russ and Cindy Irwin