2001 SOHC Intake Gaskets?

Ok, so I have a rough idle when my 2001 Sport is cold. I cleaned the IAC valve, but I read a lot of this gasket nonsense on the intake. I can do this myself with local parts if I know which gasket is being referred to. This isnt the gasket on the IAC valve is it? If not, please explain if possible. I have no garage but I can sure do this if it warms up some in my neck of the woods. I have not tried the disconnect on the IAC yet to see if it changes anything. Wife just used the truck today so the problem is gone until it gets cold again.

I have a lean code in the computer on both banks. I checked it at local store.

Reply to
norm

Gotta remove the intake manifold assembly from the engine. Repair bulletin 0012MC-also covered the cam chain tensioner fix. If I can find a copy floating around I'll scan and post.

From memory, as it's been a while since I did one.

Gaskets between the lower intake and cylinder heads, Ford PN YL2Z-9461-AA Gaskets between the upper and lower intake, Ford PN YL2Z-9E436-AA

Reply to
Rick

So, if I take this to a dealer for repair, I can expect them to give me the full diagnosis charge and all that? for something Ford knows is a common failure?

Reply to
norm

You would have to ask them if your vehicle is covered under the provisions of the notice...

I thought you were going to do it yourself?

Reply to
Rick

I could do it myself, but I sure am rethinking it. If they cover it, then that would be a factor.

Reply to
norm

Dealer has been called. Its out of warranty dammit. I'll have them handle the list of recalls and the gasket and tensioner issues and get it all done at once. This isnt easy for a old Chevy man let me tell ya. thanks for replying.

Reply to
norm