2001 Sports Trac Problem

I recently bought a 2001 Sports Trac. The original owner has told me that once it gets cool outside the engine oil pressure gauge doesn't function for the first few minutes. Well, it's getting cooler outside and the gauge is doing exactly what he said it would do. When I start the track, I have no oil pressure(on the gauge, there is no tapping or any other indication I actually have no oil pressure). Once I drive the truck about 1/2 mile the gauge snaps up to it's normal position.

Does anyone have an idea as to what this could be? Sending unit, something in the dash, any ideas?

Thanks! Jim

Reply to
Jim Smith

I have the same problem on mine. Dealer answer it has to fail all the time for them to replace. Reason unknown.

Reply to
Jim Mc Donald