2002 3rd Stop Lamp Replacement

I want to purchase an aftermarket LED 3rd Stop Lamp (High Mount) for my

2002 Explorer. There are none out there shown for the 02-06 Explorers, but there are several for 03-06 Ford Expedition. As far as I can tell from the pictures I've seen and looking at the lamp on several Explorers and Expeditions, the parts look exactly the same on both trucks, down to the two screws and washer nozzel. Does anyone know if these are indeed the same part or the part numbers cross-reference? I tried looking at the Motorcraft site which is very good for cross references, but it doesn't list any lighting products. Maybe someone who works at a dealership could look it up (Jim Warman?)? Thanks in advance for any help which I will very much appreciate.
Reply to
akheel

akheel wrote in news:Xns9AE2F013079Cakheel@207.115.33.102:

I case anyone was looking into this, forget it. I found out they are not the same. Almost the same, but slightly different. For no apparent reason that I can see the Expedition light is actually slightly smaller than the Explorer light, even though the Expedition is a bigger vehicle. I would think that to save money the manufacturers would try to have common parts across different models, but I guess not.

Reply to
akheel