2002 Airbag system ?

Took the Explorer to the shop today for a airbag light. Diagnosed as a bad seat belt pretensioner. Part ordered. Should be here in a few days. Questions.

1) The airbag light is off now, even after driving for half an hour. The light was always on before, either constantly or blinking. Is it possible for the tech to reset things, telling the diagnostics to ignore a bad component temporarily, so as to get the light to stay off for a few days. 2) If the light is off, is the system working?

I should have asked about this stuff when I picked the car up, but the advisor was swamped and I didn't want to hassle the guy.

I wasn't sure I had the pretensioners. The car was built 9/01 and I had heard that some components/features of the Personal Safety system didn't make it into the earlier 2002 models.

Now if only this part (crush sleeves?) for the driver electric seat would arrive. I'd be set. Been waitin' on that one for a month.

Bill

Reply to
DriveSpy