2002 Explorer Headlight

Does anyone know if there is an easy way to change the left low-beam bulb on a 2002 Explorer? The access from behind is blocked by the battery.

Thanks in advance

Reply to
John Hartnett

Take out the battery?

Reply to
Ratbert

There are two clips that hold the unit in place. They are at the top of the headlight assembly. You just pull up on them and it releases the assembly. Your owner's manual will show you how. It's very easy. Takes about 10 seconds. DO NOT touch the glass part of the bulb you are installing. oils from your skin can make the bulb burn out prematurely. Clean the bulb with alcohol if you accidently touch the glass part. Mark McCoy McCoy's Market Bumpus Mills, Tennessee

MMccoy01

There's two black "tabs" to grab on the top rear of the assembly with your hand-I use pliers- and pull both straight up and the whole hl assembly will release and fall out. I believe it shows this in the owners manual. wth

Reply to
wth

Reply to
John Riggs