2002 Explorer Heater Hose Tee

We have an Eddie Bauer 2002 Explorer. Today, we blew a heater hose fitting. It seems like a tee that was press fit onto the heater hose. It seems that the hose goes from the thermostat, back to the tee, and is then routed twards the back of the vehicle and towards the (passgenger)firewall.

I liked it better when there were clamps ! This seems as though it might have been press fit with the fitting covering the od of the hose. !? Can I just cut out the tee and pop a metal 1/2 " tee in the id of the hose?

And if so. where can I find one - seems like these tee's are hard to find.

Thanks...

...Mike

Reply to
michaelm