2002 Explorer lug nut stud & caliper bolt antisieze ?

I need an opinion. Should antisieze be used on lug nut studs and the brake caliper bolts? I was doing some work on the ebrake yesterday and had to dissassemble what the dealer had assembled 4 months ago during a wheel bearing replacement. They had antisieze on the the earlier mentioned items and the hub-to-rotor surfaces. I live im Minnesota and can see why they did it ( the rust on the chassis of this thing makes me sick) but I thought for safety concerns you did lug nuts dry and might even put loctite on the caliper bolts. Antisieze seems a little greasy.

Opinions are appreciated.

Reply to
HerkyJerky

Anti-sieze between rotor and hub (without it, there is the chance of unwanted noise).... caliper bolts and wheel nuts should be clean and dry.... I don't work on Explorers any more but.... if there is a caliper support bracket, blue loc-tite is an option on these bolts...

Reply to
Jim Warman