2002 Explorer stalling

Hello My 02 ExplorerXLT 4.0L V6 is stalling. It happens when I am stopped and in drive. I'm just sitting there waiting for the light to change and it just stalls. Restarts fine. Happened about 5 times in 2 weeks. Twice yesterday. It doesnt happen when I first stop which may indicate that the clutch is locking up. ( I had that problem with GM cars.) All appears fine and then it just stalls. I also noticed a couple of times the rpm's drop a little and come back when it is idiling in park but it doesn't stall. Anyone have same problem? Any ideas. Thanx. Ray

Reply to
Ray Ray

Big Shoe

Thanx for responding Big Shoe. I checked other boards for my problem but all of the stallng troubles seemed to be on older models. I luckliy purchased an extended warranty so I should be covered. I just don't want to make trips back and forth to the dealer as I have read others have done to no avail. I'll check that valve as I have read in another post that you can clean it with WD40. I'm takng a 150 mile trip next week maybe it just needs a good run as most of my driving is local short trips. Maybe just carbon build up. (Hope) Thanx again.

Reply to
Ray