Have a question or want to start a discussion? Post it! No Registration Necessary. Now with pictures!
- Posted on
- 2002 Explorer - what is this switch?
- Bill Jeffrey
September 20, 2006, 5:18 pm
rate this thread
the passenger's side of the engine compartment, between the air cleaner
and the coolant expansion tank, is a switch. It is in a rubber
bellows/boot, and it is activated (pressed) when the hood is closed.
What is this? I always sort of mindlessly assumed that it controlled an
under-hood light - until last night, when I noticed there is no
under-hood light. Is it part of the anti-theft system?
- » 2013 Ford Explorer Sport Extended Test Drive Feedback
- — Newest thread in » Ford Explorer Forum
- » Hyundai offers three free years of Blue Link safety tech
- — The site's Newest Thread. Posted in » Hyundai Cars and SUV Forum