2002 Explorer with Loose Seat?

Hi folks:

I was wondering if anyone else had this problem. I have a loose driver seat that moves forward and back (about 1/8 inch) when the car moves forward. I looked under the seat and tried to tighten everything I could see, but still the problem persists. Its rather anoying.

Its a power leather seat and other than that, its a great car. I would appreciate anyone who has a similar issue with their 02 Explorer.

Thanks

Fred

Reply to
Fred01845

my '00 Sport had a recall on a bolt in the driver seat. We never had any problems with ours. The service mgr brought it to our attention. You might check to see if that recall pertains to the new models. I am not sure.

Reply to
Scott Van Nest

Oue '02 EB's driver seat moves a little at a stop, but only about a 1/32 of an inch. It moves back when you start up from a stop. wth

Reply to
wth

I had exactly the same problem, took it to the Dealer. they replaced the whole base. It stopped for a week and slowly started up again. I took it back twice, they call it acceptable movement. Has any one found a fix as it drives me mad.

Reply to
David