2002 explorer xls rear driver side window not working - need help

I have 2002 explorer xls - the rear driver side window is in up position and does not move when either drivers switch or door switch is operated. With engine off and interior lights on there does not seem to be any power drawn when switch is operated up or down. First problem I have had except for when windows frooze shut in very cold weather.

I googled up some old posts that refer to a power window relay in earlier models that could cause problems but can't locate any such relay in my 2002 owners manual. I have a multimeter but rather try replacing a relay before tearing down door panels (anyone have intructions on that also)

Please copy my email address with any responses.

Reply to
Paul Moog

I went ahead and took off door trim and checked the power - all seemed well. Reseating connectors didn't help, I recollect someone said to wack moter so I hip it with a wrench a few times and *** what do you know **** that seems to have fixed the problem!

Reply to
Paul Moog
2003 XLT. Same window , three times in shop. The last time they replaced the motor. However now it has stopped working in the up position again. Maybe they will replace the truck this time? Or hit it with a hammer.......

/Richard

Reply to
Cedartown Electronics

Slam the door shut while pushing the button

They get stuck when you don't use 'm in a while, esp.in hotter climates My 05 with 6k on it also did it ones

no biggie

Reply to
johanb

TSB 05-1-5 released in January 05 addresses this problem. Says it may be a mechanical bind condition in the motor that may not be evidenced in bench testing. No solution offered other than replacing the motors.

3L2Z-7823394-BA Left 3L2Z-7823395-BA Right

I like the idea of just slamming the door.

Reply to
HerkyJerky