2002 Ford Explorer Hesitation and Noise

I recently purchased a 2002 ford Explorer XLT with about 59000 miles on it. Have had it to the shop several times in the past month for numerous reasons which include timing belt tensioner replacement, MAF Sensor replaced (poor idling) and hesitation problem. Dealership cannot determine what the hesitiation is as there are no codes or trouble lights on. Hesitation occurs on the explorer when it is cold and especially if it is started, driven a very short distance, turned off and then restarted. Once the vehicle has reached normal temperature, the hesitation is gone. I have also noticed that after letting off the accelerator and allowing the vehicle to slow down from

55 mph, between 50 and 40 mph the vehicle makes strange vibration noises and lurches forward like it?s trying to downshift, but cannot. Almost feels like the motor is stalling out. Just wondered if anyone else had experienced the same problem in an 02. This is the v6 engine, not v8. Any help or suggestions would be appreciated.
Reply to
Explorer02