2002 rear wheel bearing

Has anyone had a noisy rear wheel bearing repaired on an 2002-05 using the new service procedure that requires only replacing the bearing. If I read the TSB from September 05 correctly, it seems like the only way to repair previously was to replace the bearing and hub as a unit. I'm just curious if the success rate with the new method is as good as with the old. Of course my noise might not be a bearing. I'm going to let the dealer look at it. Don't they have some diagnostic tool that helps them pinpoint drivetrain noises?

Reply to
HerkyJerky