2002 Sound System

I own an '02 Merc Mountaineer with the basic single CD/cassette sound system. It has 4 speakers - one in each door. I would like to add speakers to it with an upgrade to the receiver. I'm thinking that the car might already be wired for more speakers.

Can anyone tell me if there are additional speakers with the premium systems and where they are located?

Thanks, Steve

P.S. This basic sound systems is weak...as in reception and bass/treble quality.

Reply to
San Mateo Ditos

If you have the premium setup then you also have a subwoofer in the right rear panel.That would be the only "extra" speaker.Instead of adding more speakers just replace your stock ones with a good set of aftermarket speakers and you'll be alot happier.

Mark S Owner SoundsExtreme

Reply to
Mark S.

Reply to
San Mateo Ditos

Steve, No the amplifier and the wiring isn't there if you don't have the sub.But if your looking to put a sub in that location JL and MTX make a really nice stealth box.

Mark S Owner SoundsExtreme

Reply to
Mark S.

Check out the Crutchfield site to see what fits, in addition to other options:

Good luck,

Steven

"Mark S." wrote:

Reply to