2003 EB Passenger Side Mirror Replacement Instructions

I have a 2003 Explorer EB. The passenger side mirror is broken. It's a power, heated, with the lamp at the bottom. Textured, black. I think I have found the right part here:

I'm wrong, correct me and please steer me the right way. Second off, I need instructions on how to remove and replace the mirror. If anyone has those, I would be greatly thankful.

Thanks for all your help! Martin

Reply to
Martin B

I can't tell you for sure on yours but every late model mirror I've had to deal with you just pull/yank the mirror out, it's in snap in retainers. The heated ones had a wire you disconnect after they are loose.

Reply to
Ashton Crusher

That might prove to be a spendy way to remove a mirror...

Our on line manuals are currently down... but. On the inside of the car is a small "sail panel" - this is roughly triangular in shape (hence the name "sail") at the front of the door roughly where the mirror attaches. This piece generally snaps into place and will cover the wiring and attachments for the mirror - usually 3 (sometimes 4) studs/nuts. Usually a 7/16ths or

11mm wrench.

Reply to
Jim Warman

I thought he was just talking about the glass part but I see you are correct, he's referring to a photo of the whole assembly. $55 looks like a bargain if it the whole thing, motor, mirror and all. It cost me around $12 just for an unheated mirror glass at the Ford dealer.

Reply to
Ashton Crusher