2003 Eddie Bauer V8 - rear end whine?

I've read numerous postings about a rear end whine on some of the newer explorers and mountaineers, and I'm a bit concerned about my 2003 Eddie Bauer V8 vehicle. I have about 13k miles on it, and I haven't noticed any whining sounds. Is this sound very, very loud, or is it something that is of lower volume and just annoying?

I have noticed from time to time a "clunk" feel/sound from the rear end when I start to accelerate from a stop. Is this related to the whine problem? Has anyone else experienced this clunk, and if so, what can be done about it?

Thanks,

ppcinfo

Reply to
ppcinfo

Check with your dealer... I believe there is an SSM dealing with rear gear whine..... I haven't spent much time at work this year (I think my son is about to say "If you see my Dad...." to me - Ford courses = hotel rooms) but I heard some coffeeroom mention last week....

Bauer V8 vehicle. I have about 13k miles on it, and I haven't noticed any

Reply to
Jim Warman