2004 EB V8 Fuel Gauge

anyone else had trouble with current model fuel gauge?

i got the car back from service and found that once i filled up the tank, it took almost an hour for the fuel gauge to rise from empty, along with the trip computer data.

any ideas?

Reply to
damiengalt.com

Haven't heard of any problems.... you did shut the motor off when you refueled, right?

Reply to
Jim Warman

yeah.

in fact, i was so freaked by it that i drove to the next gas station and tried topping up the tank. same result.

Reply to
damiengalt.com

I have found a couple of tsb's which will probably fix the issue with your vehicle.

Make: FORD Model: EXPLORER Year: 2004 Service Bulletin Number: 17494 NHTSA Item Number: 10007334 Summary Description: DISTANCE TO EMPTY NOT DISPLAYED. *TT

Make: FORD Model: EXPLORER Year: 2004 Service Bulletin Number: 17316 NHTSA Item Number: 10008166 Summary Description: FUEL SIGNAL TO INSTRUMENT CLUSTER SERVICE TIP. *TT

Just bring these two tsb's to your dealer, explain the problem that you're having with your vehicle, and give them the tsb's. Good luck and let us know how the repairs go.

Reply to
Wraith

I recently had this problem with my 2003 XLT. I filled up and the gas gauge didn't go up at all. I went back to the station explaining that to them figuring I hadn't really been pumping gas in. I said I was going to try another pump there and actually put $3 more in but that was it. On the 35 min. drive home later that day I watched the gauge slowly climb to full. That was 3 weeks ago and I haven't seen the problem again and hope I never do.

Reply to
Jeff