2005 Explorer: Disc won't eject from CD player

2005 Explorer XLT with standard audio system (single CD, AM/FM)

From time to time, I cannot eject a CD from the CD player and the message "EJ ERR" displays. This has happened 2-3 times since I bought the vehicle in May '06 and each time the CD ejected a while later or the next day. Now there is a CD in there that I tried to eject last night and it still won't eject this morning.

Any ideas or suggestions? Thanks in advance!

Reply to
Bob

I had that same problem too... I have the 2000 EXP though. Nonetheless, I took it to the dealership and asked them to check it and they told me that basically the factory radio was going bad. I understand that you have a newer model than I, but they also stated that all of the radios that Ford puts in, aren't all that good in quality.... and that you could have possibly had a bad radio installed. I asked how much it was to have replaced... they quoted me some rediculous price, and referred me to a car audio shop and I actually even got a discount on my new stereo because I told the tech that Ford sent me. LOL! Good luck with that!

MJ

Bob wrote:

Reply to
Malona Jackson

If it's under warranty (less than 36 months & 36K miles), take it to the dealer and get it fixed. If you want to keep the factory unit, you might find a replacement on ebay. Otherwise, do as the other poster said and get a "real" stereo installed. Good luck.

Reply to
Captain Coleman

Ummm.... warranty comes to mind. the vehicle in May '06 > and no mention of a trip to the dealer.....

Reply to
Jim Warman

Another tip

NEVER use cd's that you labeled yourself, there to thick

Reply to
JohanB

Johan is right. The paper label you put on a homemade CD can come unglued a bit at the edge, and jam on the inside of the housing as the disk tries to come out of the slot. It happened on my 2002 Explorer.

IF THIS IS YOUR PROBLEM, get a business card, or cut a 3x5 index card in half, and cut the sharp corners round. Manually open the door over the slot, so you can see the edge of the disk. GENTLY work the card into the slot, along the top side of the disc. DON'T FORCE ANYTHING! Once the card covers the edge of the disc, thus flattening the label, you should be able to slide the disc out.

Malona, if this was your problem, I wouldn't go back to that dealer ...

Bill

Reply to
Bill Jeffrey

In article , Jim Warman wrote: :Ummm.... warranty comes to mind. the vehicle in May '06 > and no mention of a trip to the dealer..... :> DUH!!!!

Unfortunately the factory warranty was expired (more than 36K miles) when it started happening.

:> 2005 Explorer XLT with standard audio system (single CD, AM/FM) :>

:> From time to time, I cannot eject a CD from the CD player and the :> message "EJ ERR" displays. This has happened 2-3 times since I bought :> the vehicle in May '06 and each time the CD ejected a while later or :> the next day. Now there is a CD in there that I tried to eject last :> night and it still won't eject this morning. :>

:> Any ideas or suggestions? Thanks in advance! : :

Reply to
Bob

In article , JohanB wrote: :Another tip : :NEVER use cd's that you labeled yourself, there to thick

:> 2005 Explorer XLT with standard audio system (single CD, AM/FM) :>

:> From time to time, I cannot eject a CD from the CD player and the :> message "EJ ERR" displays. This has happened 2-3 times since I bought :> the vehicle in May '06 and each time the CD ejected a while later or :> the next day. Now there is a CD in there that I tried to eject last :> night and it still won't eject this morning. :>

:> Any ideas or suggestions? Thanks in advance! : :

Reply to
Bob

Get blanks you can write on directly without an extra label. Watch the maufacturers of the disks because as mentioned, the specs are not the same until you find one that works well, and lastly, think about another player for the vehicle. They make nice ones which take memory sticks andall now and play mp3, wma etc. The stock ones are junk.

Reply to
ed