2005 Explorer Fog Lights

Hi! Has anyone noticed how vulnerable the fog lights are on the 2005 Explorers? I've replaced the driver's side light once a few months ago, and the same one has shattered again! Does anyone have any good ideas for protecting the glass cover? (the light still works, but now there's water inside the glass from the 1/4" hole!) One suggestion I've received is to buy a cookie cooling rack and cut it to fit over the fog lamps. Any other ideas? Or does anyone know if there are aftermarket covers that aren't too expensive? Thanks!

Reply to
Richard Minami

Hi! Has anyone noticed how vulnerable the fog lights are on the 2005 Explorers? I've replaced the driver's side light once a few months ago, and the same one has shattered again! Does anyone have any good ideas for protecting the glass cover? (the light still works, but now there's water inside the glass from the 1/4" hole!) One suggestion I've received is to buy a cookie cooling rack and cut it to fit over the fog lamps. Any other ideas? Or does anyone know if there are aftermarket covers that aren't too expensive? Thanks!

-- Richard Minami

2005 Ford Explorer XLT Sport 4x4

1994 Honda Accord LX

1997 Coleman Yukon
Reply to
Richard Minami

Hi! Has anyone noticed how vulnerable the fog lights are on the 2005 Explorers? I've replaced the driver's side light once a few months ago, and the same one has shattered again! Does anyone have any good ideas for protecting the glass cover? (the light still works, but now there's water inside the glass from the 1/4" hole!) One suggestion I've received is to buy a cookie cooling rack and cut it to fit over the fog lamps. Any other ideas? Or does anyone know if there are aftermarket covers that aren't too expensive? Thanks!

Reply to
Richard Minami

Hi! Has anyone noticed how often this message keeps appearing?

Reply to
Dave Morrison

Just wanted to put in a more descriptive Subject line. Sorry. No tips? Rich

Reply to
Richard Minami