255/70/16 AT tires for 2001 Explorer Sport????

The original Goodyear RT/S are junk when it comes to wet traction and ride. Being that this is the 2Dr Ex Sport, the truck rides VERY firm. I'm looking at changing the ride characteristics to something a little softer and maybe even gaining better control. Tires & Shocks would be my first step. But which "A/T" tire will give this truck a smooth ride as well as excellent traction in the snow??? Can't afford the Revo's so I've been looking at the "TOYO Open Country AT" and "Yoko Geolandar A/T Plus II". My Ford dealer is now selling "Kelly Trail Mark APR" as an alternative. Does anyone have any experiences with any of these or others? Thanks in advance.

Reply to
Peter

Peter ,

I have a 2002 Explorer XLT ( export vs ) wich came with Bridgestone Dueler H/T P255/70/R16. Not bad , very soft , but some people advised me to buy BF Goodrich radial long trail T/A Michelin LTX M/S - all season

Never heard about Kelly tires.

Regards

ART

"Peter" a écrit dans le message de news: snipped-for-privacy@posting.google.com...

Reply to
ART

Peter:

Michelin LTX M/S. I've had them on 2 explorer's now-- they improve the ride and are the best tire I've had on any truck or SUV.

Reply to
Tony

Reply to
Big Shoe

Thanks all for the info. It sounds like the LTX M/S come highly recomended.

Reply to
Peter