3rd. seat problem on 06

My son has an 06 with power up and down 3rd. seat. The left seat is stuck down, motor hums both up and down but will not turn the screw. Anyone had this problem? Could it be the worm is stripped in the motor? Looks to me as if the complete rear seat needs to be removed for repairs.

Thanks in advance for any help you can offer. If it was my SUV I would take it to Ford, but young families with kids don't have the funds for such a thing. Your kids may be gone from the nest but still cost you money, yea sometimes we enjoy it.

Reply to
Ron & Maggie