4x4 not working 94

hey i have a 94 explorer and the 4wd doesn't work,the light goes on in the dash but it doesn't work.is this a common problem? thanks

Reply to
sbc63trls250

Yes. If the light comes on then your transfer case is probably engaged. If you still have auto hubs then they are often the problem. You can verify if your front axle is turning by marking it with chalk and driving it a foot or so and see if it moved.

I recently found instructons on how to repair the auto hubs but I don't recall reading about anyone on this NG that has done it except for one guy who has a machine shop and was making new parts.

Of if you want to put on manual hubs:

Instructions:

Ulysses