91' explorer wont start fuel pump?

Ok im pretty mechanicly enclined. However im stumped.Iv noticed since it has gotton colder it takes my explorer a few more cranks to start than normal. A few days ago i started the suv im scraping the windows....the explorer stops running, i tried to start it and i noticed when i turn the key their was no humming noise from the pump and of corse it cranked over but no cigar...it wouldnt start. i checked the relay under the hood looks ok but replaced anyway,still nothing.Next...i checked INERTIA switch again,that was ok and wasnt tripped.is their still another fuse like under the dash or something? someone please help im stumped and i dont want to replace the pump if thats not it.

thanks Dave w/Dns Painting

Reply to
dnspainting

i think there might be a fuse in the dash that activates the fuel pump relay when you turn on the ignition, check that, other than that, i have no idea. i dont know why it would just stop after you already started it. my '00 has a leak in one of the fuel pump valves, occasionally it takes a few cranks to start because all the fuel runs back to the tank when it sits still for a few hours, but your case sounds a little more serious than this.

Reply to
almfreak