91 Ford Explorer Transmission Problem

hello all. I have a 1991 ford explorer and my shift points seen to be off. my truck usually shifts at about 3000 rpm's now its shifts at about 4000 -

4300 rpm's. no chip or anything done to truck. transmission fluid dosent smell burnt and still has color. I was wondering if this was a sign that my trany was about to go out or if something electrical was bad like my alternator or something wrong with my vacuum lines cause I've read on another forum that those two things have something to do with how your trany functions . if any has had this problem or could help that would b of much hepl. thanx
Reply to
Mr.SVT via CarKB.com